Are you looking to deepen your understanding of anatomy? Join us for this ten week course as we dive into this hybrid learning experience of this online course and in person discussion of it. Let’s benefit from the broad strokes teaching style of Leslie Kaminoff and the detail-oriented lessons from Amy Matthews.
Join us for this interactive learning experience at Edge Yoga School. We offer flexible scheduling for this course on Thursday nights 8-9pm weekly. The student does not need to be present for every session, but must be present for a total ten hours of in-person training to participate in the course.
Join Michelle Rae Sobi as we comb through this online course together offered by world-renowned Yoga Educators & best-selling authors of Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews for this hybrid learning experience.
Using what they’ve learned in their combined 50-years of experience training yoga teachers, they’ve created a unique online + in-person course that’s exclusively available through Teacher Training programs: Yoga Anatomy Fundamentals. This is not your average anatomy training.
Don’t expect hours of “which bone is which” that make you feel like you’re back in high school science classes…Leslie & Amy spend time on the things that matter most to a yoga teacher and skip the memorization.
They’ll help you establish a broad base of knowledge by sharing examples, analogies, stories, and guiding you through physical experiments that make the material helpful and applicable to teaching yoga to students.
Leslie & Amy will also share their own favorite teaching strategies like…
* How to make poses accessible for any student
* What to do when students have an injury and still want to practice
* Simple cues that help every student find success on the mat
* Leslie and Amy’s unique blend of humor and expertise make them the absolute best team to guide you through this phase of your journey.
* How does it work?
* You’ll join Amy & Leslie at home via your computer for 20-hours of guided lesson content, reflection, personal exploration, and teaching preparation.
* They’ll lead you through movement experiments that will help you apply anatomy ideas to your own practice, and give you tools you’ll be able to access as a teacher. You’ll have time to soak up the material and try it out it in your own asana practice.
By the time we’re finished, you’ll have a broad understanding of the anatomical concepts that are most important to a yoga teacher so you can begin teaching with confidence.
We will break down these online lessons in this three month span. Continuing Education Credit hours will be awarded.